BLUE CHIP / ECHO PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter and Data Controller: Blue Chip Marketing (UK) Ltd, Blackfriars House, Parsonage, M3 2JA
- This promotion is open to residents in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland).
- Entrants must be aged 18 years and over.
- Excludes employees and their immediate families of The Promoter.
- Main Promotional Period opens 7am on 07.07.2021 and closes 11pm on 29.07.2021.
- After 11pm on 29.09.2021 all promotional codes in circulation will be null and void and entries will not be accepted.
How to Enter
- To enter participants must:
- Be in receipt of a promotional code distributed by Blue Chip for use for this particular promotion.
- Follow the link in promotional communications (also found here) and enable the Blue Chip Alexa Skill.
- Be logged into their own Amazon Account and have an Alexa enabled device to play (this could be a phone, tablet or smart speaker)
- Open the Alexa Skill by saying ‘Alexa, open Blue Chip’ (or whichever alternative name you have created for your device).
- Follow the voice instructions.
- Internet access is required. This is a smart assistant promotion only.
- Only entries via the official Blue Chip Alexa skill will be accepted.
- Different 6-digit promotional codes are being made available via Blue Chip’s email database and its Twitter, LinkedIN and PR channels. These codes can be used by different people, but each individual person can enter the promotion just once, and only one prize is available to be won per person.
- Any attempts to enter the same code more than once, use different codes from the same Amazon account, or use invalid codes will not be accepted.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries or claims which are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted during delivery to or from the Promoter due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied to the Promoter by the claimant in the application.
- Main Promotional Draw – All entries will be put into a single prize draw from which 10 winners will be drawn via a randomized computer process. The draw will take place on 30.07.2021. Winners will be contacted by email via the email address linked to the Amazon account used for the entry, within 7 days of the Draw date. The winner must respond to such contact within 28 days of the initial email (though 2 email attempts will be made), or they will forfeit the right to the prize. Once the win is verified, the winner will be asked to provide telephone contact details so that delivery of the prize can be arranged.
- Left-Over Prize Draw – Any unclaimed or forfeited prizes from the Main Promotional Draw will be allocated to a Left-Over Prize Draw, Winners will be selected via a randomised computer process. Any winners of that Draw, which will take place on 13.08.21 if it is required, will be notified by email within 7 days of the Draw to confirm any prize. Winners must respond within 28 days of the initial email (though 2 email attempts will be made), or they will forfeit the right to claim and the prize/s will be redrawn. The process will repeat until all prizes have been claimed. Once the win is verified, each winner will be contacted by telephone to arrange delivery of their prize.
- A list of the surnames and counties of winners will be available upon request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Winners List: Alexa Skill’ for a period of 3 months following the end of the promotion. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests. If any winner objects to all or part of their information being published, they can object by contacting email@example.com with the subject line ‘Alexa Promotion’. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
- There are 10 x Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Generation) Smart Speakers with Alexa in Charcoal Fabric available to be won
- All 10 prizes are guaranteed to be won, assuming there are enough entrants into the promotion
- Prizes are non-transferable. There are no other prize alternatives available in whole or in part.
- Forfeited prizes will be included in the Left-Over Prize Draw.
- Please allow up to 90 days for delivery of prizes, although we will endeavour to send these out within 28 days of winning. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 90 days of accepting the Prize, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
- Prizes that are undelivered or returned to sender will be deemed unwanted and the prize will be forfeited. The prize will not be re-allocated.
- The codes cannot be sold. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the Skill. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the Skill. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
- In the event of circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, or in cases of fraud, abuse and/or error (human or computer) that affect or could affect the proper operation of the promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only when the circumstances are that this is unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimize the impact on the participant in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct audits on all entries and winners. The Promoter has the right to withhold a prize, the right to withdraw a prize or refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a violation of these terms, the spirit of the promotion, or any instruction regarding the requirements for participation in the promotion or in the event that a participant would have had an unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or would have won by fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter for all decisions, which are final and binding.
- The information the entrant provides will only be used for the purpose of facilitating the Promotion.
- Neither the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate code entry, or for any faults, failures, or errors in any electronic data transmissions.
- Any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction, or alteration of codes at any point in the operation of this promotion.
- Communications line failure or technical malfunction, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion.
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or any combination thereof.
Conduct of Entry
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the code redemption process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- Entrants must submit their own entries. Bulk entries or entries sent through agencies, trade groups, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Similarly, syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or use of automated devices or processes will not be accepted and all entries will be disqualified from the promotion. In the event of any issues with an entrant’s claim, that person’s claim will be disqualified and the code and thus entry will be void. The Promoter reserves the right to verify any claim including but not limited to asking for name, address and date of birth (which must be provided within 7 days of request).
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into regarding winner selection.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct audits on all entries and winners. The Promoter has the right to withhold a prize, the right to withdraw a prize or refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a violation of these terms, the spirit of the promotion or any instruction regarding the requirements for participation in the promotion or in the event that a participant would have had an unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or would have won by fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter for all decisions, which are final and binding.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK or ROI, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
- Blue Chip Marketing (UK) ltd takes the privacy of its Users seriously. It is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its Users and that all persons whose personal data is processed by them shall at all times be confident that their privacy is respected, and that due care is taken regarding his or her personal data. Personal data, including data such as names and addresses which you provide to Blue Chip, may be processed manually as well as by computers.
- Any visit to the Blue Chip Website may lead to registration of the IP address used for such access. Blue Chip use IP addresses to measure the use of the Sites to help improve the site, to personalize the Experience to tailor relevant content and to optimize user Experience and determine frequency.
Policy for the Processing of Personal Data